Holly Black - The Queen of Nothing értékelés


forrás



 Imádtam! Az előző rész vége után kíváncsian vetettem bele magam az utolsó részbe. Ahhoz képest, hogy befejező rész, elég rövidke volt, de szerencsére a végére azért sikerült minden kérdésre megtalálni a választ.
Holly tud írni, mondjuk ezt eddig is tudtuk, de most maximálisan be is bizonyította ezzel a trilógiával.

Jude szerintem egy szerethető karakter, végig drukkoltam neki, és kíváncsian vártam, mikor tér vissza tündérföldére. Megmosolyogtatott az a rész, mikor otthon volt Vivivel, és vágyott a veszélyre, a kalandra. Bolond nőszemély XD Mondjuk nem sokkal később már véresen és sebesülten tért vissza haza… nem is vártam mást. 

Ami meglepő fordulat volt, az Locke halála. Egyszerűen nem tudtam elképzelni, hogy Taryn volt, bár megérdemelte. És Cardan… ő is sokat fejlődött, főleg az első részhez képest. Rajta aztán tényleg nehéz volt eligazodni. Ember legyen a talpán, aki ki tudja bogozni egy faerie érzelmeit. 

Madoc már nagyon untatott, annyira egy hataloméhes ember, ja nem XD hogy az nem is igaz… mindenáron uralomra akar törni, és az sem probléma, ha ehhez le kell szúrnia az egyik nevelt lányát… bár nem jár szerencsével. Aztán az átok, te jóságos ég! :O És itt igencsak kevés oldal volt már hátra, és nem láttam a megoldást, féltem, vajon hogyan lesz megoldva.
Kicsit kiszámítható volt, de végül is én nem tettem olyan magasra a mércét, szerintem még máskor is el fogom olvasni. :)


Alább S P O I L E R E S  idézetek! 




At night, the human world looks as though it's full of fallen stars.

...


I am the Queen of Elfhame.
Even though I am the queen in exile, I am still the queen.
And that means Madoc isn’t just trying to take Cardan’s throne. He’s trying to take mine.

...

 
 „What are you doing?” I say finally, desperately. „What are you playing at?”
He's looking at me as though somehow I am the one who's behaving strangely. „Jude, you can't think I don't know it's you. I knew you from the moment you walked into the brugh.”

...

Perhaps you could just allow yourself to be rescued," Cardan says. "For once.

...

I feel a guard's hand close on my arm. Then Cardan's voice comes. „Do not touch her.”
A terrible silence follows. I wait for him to pronounce judgment on me. Whatever he commands will be done. His power is absolute. I don't even have the strength to fight back.
„Whatever can you mean?” Randalis says. „She's-”
„She is my wife,” Cardan says, his voice carrying over the crowd. „The rightful High Queen of Elfhame. And most definitely not in exile.”

...

„It was terrifying,” he says, „watching you fall. I mean, you're generally terrifying, but I am unused to fearing for you. And then I was furious. I am not sure I have ever been that angry before.”
„Mortals are fragile,” I say.
„Not you,” he says in a way that sounds a little like a lament. „You never break.”

...

“So did you murder Balekin?” Nihuar asks me, clearly able to put off her curiosity no longer.
“Yes,” I say. “After he poisoned the High King.”
“Poisoned?” she echoes in astonishment, looking at Cardan.
He shrugs, lounging in a chair, looking bored as ever. “You can hardly expect me to mention every little thing.”

..

„Let me reming you that I didn't know you'd murdered my brother, the ambassador to the Undersea, until that very morning,” he says. „My plans were made in haste. And perhaps I was a little annoyed. I thought it would pacify Queen Orlagh, at least until all promises were finalized in the treaty. By the time you guesses the answer, the negotiations would be over. Think of it: I exile Jude Duarte to the mortal world. Until and unless she is pardoned by the crown.” He pauses. „Pardoned by the crown. Meaning by the King of Faerie. Or its queen. You could have returned anytime you wanted.”
Oh.
Oh.

...


„I missed you,” I whisper against his skin and feel dizzy with the intimacy of the admission, feel more naked than when he could see every inch of me. „In the mortal world, when I thought you were my enemy, I still missed you.”
„My sweet nemesis, how glad I am that you returned.” He pulls my body against his, cradling my head against his chest. We are still lying on the floor, although a perfectly good bed is right next to us.
I think of his riddle. How do people like us take off our armor?
On piece at a time.

...


“I need a new Grand General. Will you accept the position?”
Grima Mog’s surprise is obvious. “Me? But what of Yorn?”
“He doesn’t have the experience,” I say. “And I don’t like him.”
“I tried to kill you,” she reminds me.
“You have described pretty much every important relationship in my life,” I return, taking slow, shallow breaths. “I like you fine.”

...

“By you, I am forever undone.”

...

Two paths are before me, but only one leads to victory.

..


Megjegyzések

Népszerű bejegyzések